MachiniHub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MachiniHub

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Details for MachiniHub uploading?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Renaldoxx

Renaldoxx

EXP : 34

Details for MachiniHub uploading? Empty
PostSubject: Details for MachiniHub uploading?   Details for MachiniHub uploading? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Okay.. I normally would discuss this in a private matter of ways with the other admins here on MachiniHub,

but hell... Maybe we can get some really sweet specifications out of you guys, or maybe you guys have any other reccomendations?

What we currently have in mind:

- Place the MachiniHub infront of every video you upload to MachiniHub
-A Dropbox folder in which everyone will be able to upload under these specifications
- //Make your own folder that goes by your username and share that folder with our -still to come- uploading e-mail
-// Folder details:
-//// A Metadata (A little file that includes every single bit of the description (Basically what ends up as the video the description))
-////The video File
-////Folder must have the video main-title as a name
-//// Including the date you sent the video.
-//// We will put a big X infront of your video once we recieved it, and it will be uploaded shortly after
-//// Feel free to remove the folder after it is uploaded onto our channel.
- The video will be reviewed by all of our admins before it is uploaded, we have every right to decline the submissions, wether it is due quality-control, offending lines/terms or copyrighted content.

So if anyone got any recommendations or something, please let us know.

Eventually there will be ONE big document displaying all information that you will need to upload, or any other general information regarding MachiniHub and our terms of service
Back to top Go down
osborne1992

osborne1992

EXP : 33

PostSubject: Re: Details for MachiniHub uploading?   Details for MachiniHub uploading? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Q: The things to be supplied to Directors for their videos to MH include the intro and the watermark right? Otherwise the levels of quality I recommend will end up HAVING to be followed somewhat...

Well I think that videos should be like so:

Video should be 1280x720 or some other form of Wide Screen for YouTube.

And for rendering a video, perhaps a minimum of 480p. Maybe a maximum of 720p. 1080 is kind of hard to do without the right equipment and some people may have set their video editors to render in this quality, and it can turn out bad. 1080p or 1080i(?) I think are the highest YouTube can go up to and their file sizes can be pretty large so that's why I feel 480p or 720p should be the recommendations for video quality.
If possible, render videos as a WMV file type.

I'd also recommend keeping the language in videos fairly low. Obviously there is a flagging system but if you have followed a series for a long time and all of a sudden an episode has been flagged for 18+ year old people, then you'll be annoyed. So keeping the language fairly minimal might be good unless the series starts off and maintains a fairly high usage of curses.
Back to top Go down
http://osborneproductions.weebly.com
Chrisnepts
Admin
Chrisnepts

EXP : 60054

PostSubject: Re: Details for MachiniHub uploading?   Details for MachiniHub uploading? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:47 pm

osborne1992 wrote:
Q: The things to be supplied to Directors for their videos to MH include the intro and the watermark right? Otherwise the levels of quality I recommend will end up HAVING to be followed somewhat...

Well I think that videos should be like so:

Video should be 1280x720 or some other form of Wide Screen for YouTube.

And for rendering a video, perhaps a minimum of 480p. Maybe a maximum of 720p. 1080 is kind of hard to do without the right equipment and some people may have set their video editors to render in this quality, and it can turn out bad. 1080p or 1080i(?) I think are the highest YouTube can go up to and their file sizes can be pretty large so that's why I feel 480p or 720p should be the recommendations for video quality.
If possible, render videos as a WMV file type.

I'd also recommend keeping the language in videos fairly low. Obviously there is a flagging system but if you have followed a series for a long time and all of a sudden an episode has been flagged for 18+ year old people, then you'll be annoyed. So keeping the language fairly minimal might be good unless the series starts off and maintains a fairly high usage of curses.

Firstly, the video can be whatever resolution the director wants. Maybe she/hes not up with technology and still has a 4:3 TV. Or its an old video. 16:9 and 4:3 resolutions only. (You do realise 1280x720 is 720p? any numbers in a ratio of 16:9 is widescreen.)

No minimum quality, depending on your capture card it records at a limit of certain quality standards. I know if you get one type of Dazzle it only records 240i, while another Dazzle gets 360p and another gets 480p. 720p kind of limits those whom user a black magic or a HD PVR if they want the best quality they want, alot of users these days know how to use their software correctly to gain the best quality through sharpness, colour correction and correct render settings. Also any file format is accepted, WMV isn't the best for quality, and is defiantly not the best for audio. .MPEG4 (.MP4) .MOV are the best for quality and audio.

Language in videos can be as high as they want, there can be a "fuck" or "bastard" in every sentence for all we care, langauge isn't what gets videos flagged to 18+, under the freedom of speech act you're aloud to say whatever you want in your videos without it been flagged to 18+.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/tocgow
osborne1992

osborne1992

EXP : 33

PostSubject: Re: Details for MachiniHub uploading?   Details for MachiniHub uploading? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:47 pm

OK, my bad about the video stuff I was talking about there, I've never really referred to wide screen on youtube as 16:9 and so on...

I only suggested a minimum of 420p and having video's set to 16:9 because I'm suggesting you upload quality videos to the channel... I don't see why people wouldn't be all using wide screen settings by now. You don't need amazing equipment to do it... If you're recording on a computer, record the full screen and then use your video editor to make it fit nicely to YouTube's current video screens. If you are recording on a console, and you can't get it into a wide screen setting to record in, then sure you'll probably just have to leave it as a square, OR just shoot scenes from a distance so you can, again, use your editor to make it fit nicely to 16:9.
And as for the 420p thing, if it had to be re-rendered or anything, 360p is alright for quality, but some videos come on at 240 which is horrible. Audio and video is bad.

As for the language, videos can be flagged for the cursing. Freedom of Speech or not, I've missed out on videos due to the language in them. But I'm not saying, make a machinima with no swearing at all. I'm just saying, either keep it minimal, or just keep it consistently overused. That way, people won't miss out on possible important parts to their favourite machinima pieces. You can't miss out on something you never got a chance to see due to flagging.
Back to top Go down
http://osborneproductions.weebly.com
Chrisnepts
Admin
Chrisnepts

PostSubject: Re: Details for MachiniHub uploading?   Details for MachiniHub uploading? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:08 pm

osborne1992 wrote:
OK, my bad about the video stuff I was talking about there, I've never really referred to wide screen on youtube as 16:9 and so on...

I only suggested a minimum of 420p and having video's set to 16:9 because I'm suggesting you upload quality videos to the channel... I don't see why people wouldn't be all using wide screen settings by now. You don't need amazing equipment to do it... If you're recording on a computer, record the full screen and then use your video editor to make it fit nicely to YouTube's current video screens. If you are recording on a console, and you can't get it into a wide screen setting to record in, then sure you'll probably just have to leave it as a square, OR just shoot scenes from a distance so you can, again, use your editor to make it fit nicely to 16:9.
And as for the 420p thing, if it had to be re-rendered or anything, 360p is alright for quality, but some videos come on at 240 which is horrible. Audio and video is bad.

As for the language, videos can be flagged for the cursing. Freedom of Speech or not, I've missed out on videos due to the language in them. But I'm not saying, make a machinima with no swearing at all. I'm just saying, either keep it minimal, or just keep it consistently overused. That way, people won't miss out on possible important parts to their favourite machinima pieces. You can't miss out on something you never got a chance to see due to flagging.

Yeah, its a 16:9 ratio. Computer screens don't fit perfectly. Computer screens are 16:10. Maybe someone wants to make a machinima on lets say - a classical game like Zelda orcania or time, that game it 4:3. Even if you put it into your editor to make it widescreen - Either by losing the maintain aspect ratio (resulting in this stretches the footage and pixelates it) or zooming the preview in for a 16:9 view would lose parts of the visual screen.

And again on the whole quality subject, if your playing an old game and render it out at 720p, it'd still be a 360p or 480p video. It'll just SAY 720p. 240p isn't horrible, your TV (what you recieve from tv companies, the main 5 channels are all 240p or 360p. None of them are HD, not until the switch over in 2012.

As for langauge again, you're video can only be flagged for cursing racial abuse, excessive swearing cannot get a video flagged. Razz
Back to top Go down
DanIsAllied

EXP : 14

PostSubject: Re: Details for MachiniHub uploading?   Details for MachiniHub uploading? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:31 am

I'll post a guide on render settings soon.
Back to top Go down
Renaldoxx

Renaldoxx

EXP : 34

PostSubject: Re: Details for MachiniHub uploading?   Details for MachiniHub uploading? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 6:31 am

DanIsAllied wrote:
I'll post a guide on render settings soon.

How soon is 'soon'?
Back to top Go down
CancelOutStudios

CancelOutStudios

EXP : 10

PostSubject: Re: Details for MachiniHub uploading?   Details for MachiniHub uploading? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:22 am

So is this how we will upload videos, through dropbox? Will there be a uploading feature in the future similiar to Machinima.com?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/CancelOutStudio
Chrisnepts
Admin
Chrisnepts

PostSubject: Re: Details for MachiniHub uploading?   Details for MachiniHub uploading? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:54 am

CancelOutStudios wrote:
So is this how we will upload videos, through dropbox? Will there be a uploading feature in the future similiar to Machinima.com?

We're currently in the final stages of the uploading process, check the announcement section in an hour or two and we'll have launched the uploading. So stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Details for MachiniHub uploading?   Details for MachiniHub uploading? Empty

Back to top Go down

Details for MachiniHub uploading?
Page 1 of 1