MachiniHub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MachiniHub

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What If Ep.1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Afroblaster917

Afroblaster917

EXP : 63

What If Ep.1 Empty
PostSubject: What If Ep.1   What If Ep.1 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/GammaShardStudios
Chrisnepts
Admin
Chrisnepts

EXP : 60054

What If Ep.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If Ep.1   What If Ep.1 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:01 pm

I liked this, the Visual effects Jimbothy did came out outstanding, the voice acting was okay, but i dislike the fact that the credits are like a minute long and the actual video is about 20 seconds in length.. Why didn't you just use one title card with everything on? It would of been much simpler, and would of added a way better feel to it, rather then people sat there for like a minute thinking "what the fuck?", also if you sound dubbed the Installation 04 explosion then that'd of been even better and gotten rid of the sound that it looks just ripped exactly from halo's cutscene with no effort at all. Overall i give this piece of a 3.5/5 - although the VFX we're awesome, it just seems that not enough effort what put in from your half (Afro/Flamez), and it just seemed that Jimbothy did all the hard effort with the VFX.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/tocgow
Afroblaster917

Afroblaster917

What If Ep.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If Ep.1   What If Ep.1 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:10 am

Yea Matt I agree with you except for the part where you said me and Flamez didnt put enough effort in. Trust me dude we went through hell finishing this episode. The credits were my idea and I kinda regret it now. Each What If story will only last one episode. Some will be longer than others. This will probably be the shortest one. I guess you can call this a test episode.
Back to top Go down
Chrisnepts
Admin
Chrisnepts

What If Ep.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If Ep.1   What If Ep.1 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:28 am

Afroblaster917 wrote:
Yea Matt I agree with you except for the part where you said me and Flamez didnt put enough effort in. Trust me dude we went through hell finishing this episode. The credits were my idea and I kinda regret it now. Each What If story will only last one episode. Some will be longer than others. This will probably be the shortest one. I guess you can call this a test episode.

The credits aren't really hard to make, its a basic title fading in and out.
And you two definitely didn't put enough effort in, what exactly what hard about those shots? - Come'on seriously, the body acting and cinematography could of been done in about 10 minutes, i saw the original camera angles and this would of been pretty bad looking if Jimbothy's effects wernt in, and if you used me it wouldn't of turned out like that - haha. so props to him. The other part to the video was a Halo ring which was ripped directly from Halo 1 with no effort, no dubbing, not even muting the audio to get rid of the music to fit with music of the machinima. If those credits took hours to make then you obviously need to learn basic titles.
I know the story will only be one episode long, i understand that, as you told me in coming soon. But it would of been ten times better if you -
1: Dubbed Audio on Halo ring.
2: One title credits card.
3: final extra title card saying "Matthew lake is super sexy (: /trolled"

:3
Matt.
Back to top Go down
DanIsAllied

EXP : 14

What If Ep.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If Ep.1   What If Ep.1 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:57 pm

Chrisnepts wrote:
Afroblaster917 wrote:

And you two definitely didn't put enough effort in, what exactly what hard about those shots? - Come'on seriously, the body acting and cinematography could of been done in about 10 minutes, i saw the original camera angles and this would of been pretty bad looking if Jimbothy's effects wernt in, and if you used me it wouldn't of turned out like that - haha. so props to him. The other part to the video was a Halo ring which was ripped directly from Halo 1 with no effort, no dubbing, not even muting the audio to get rid of the music to fit with music of the machinima. If those credits took hours to make then you obviously need to learn basic titles.
I know the story will only be one episode long, i understand that, as you told me in coming soon. But it would of been ten times better if you -

Matt.
You make it seem like it was absolute garbage, I though it was pretty good. A little rough, but not bad.
Back to top Go down
Afroblaster917

Afroblaster917

What If Ep.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If Ep.1   What If Ep.1 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Chrisnepts wrote:
Afroblaster917 wrote:

Matt.
We had to get everything together dude. You're saying that we did nothing. Getting all the voices together and getting the Master Chief was hell. That's like saying the Director of a movie does nothing because he dosent make the VFX.
3.final extra title card saying "Matthew lake is super fugly (:
Back to top Go down
Chrisnepts
Admin
Chrisnepts

What If Ep.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If Ep.1   What If Ep.1 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:00 am

Finding VAs takes like 10 minutes..
I suggested a master chief VA to you but you guys didn't take him. He is amazing at a Chief voice, so please don't give me that.
The body acting could of been done in less then 2 minutes and filming about the same length.
I'm not saying it was garbage im just saying you should result to your own resources to see what you can come out with, instead of outsourcing it from Jimbothy and saying "we (You and Flames) did a good job on this"
Back to top Go down
Afroblaster917

Afroblaster917

What If Ep.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If Ep.1   What If Ep.1 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 6:38 am

I like how you're taking this so seriously. You realize its just a machinima aka a hobby. I know me and Flamez did a good job on this. I know Jimbothy made the machinima what it is. Theres pretty much nothing you can say that will make me feel that we didnt do our job because I know we did our job. So to finish it all off..
u mad? j/k you know I love you Matt <3 Razz
Back to top Go down
Chrisnepts
Admin
Chrisnepts

What If Ep.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If Ep.1   What If Ep.1 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:04 am

Afroblaster917 wrote:
I like how you're taking this so seriously. You realize its just a machinima aka a hobby. I know me and Flamez did a good job on this. I know Jimbothy made the machinima what it is. Theres pretty much nothing you can say that will make me feel that we didnt do our job because I know we did our job. So to finish it all off..
u mad? j/k you know I love you Matt <3 Razz

I'm sorry if i'm been a jerk about this.
I'm not talking about the film travis, I'm talking about you.

The film overall was good, but the fact your bragging saying you and flames did an amazing job on this is getting on my nerves to be quiet frank.

I'm not taking this seriously at all, your just been and can't take constructive criticism. Maybe if you did the VFX yourself and not outsourced from smexual jimbothy (that creature... O.o) then you'd have something good on your hand.
I've gave you criticism for the film, but you're not listening to me. I'm trying to give you criticism, but the fact that your bragging about all your hard work is getting on my nerves, the fact that the original thing could be done in 10 minutes, then with Jimbothy doing his work practically MADE the film.

I'm sorry if im been a jerk about this, but its just getting on MAH NERVES.

Just make the appropriate changes then it'd be awesome.
/Trolled.

I'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Afroblaster917

Afroblaster917

What If Ep.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If Ep.1   What If Ep.1 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:01 am

LAWL I like how you deleted my last post Razz
I'm to lazy so ill only repeat a little
I did accept your criticism and I will make the episode longer with the shorter credits like you said.
When I said "we" did great,I was talking about everyone who participated in this project.
Matt Lake is my hero =3
/thread
Back to top Go down
Chrisnepts
Admin
Chrisnepts

What If Ep.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If Ep.1   What If Ep.1 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:02 am

Afroblaster917 wrote:
LAWL I like how you deleted my last post Razz
I'm to lazy so ill only repeat a little
I did accept your criticism and I will make the episode longer with the shorter credits like you said.
When I said "we" did great,I was talking about everyone who participated in this project.
Matt Lake is my hero =3
/thread

Right, i'll end it here. Like i said i'm not trying to be a jerk, i know i seem like it after reading back through the comments. I'm an admin and should stay neutral in this so i appologise. I was merely giving CC which i took overboard.

Matt.
Back to top Go down
MASSAIKUR

MASSAIKUR

EXP : 22

What If Ep.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If Ep.1   What If Ep.1 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:37 pm

i liked episode one alot with the fx and episode was defiantly good too keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
http://smileanddealwithit.com/
Sponsored content

What If Ep.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What If Ep.1   What If Ep.1 Empty

Back to top Go down

What If Ep.1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MachiniHub :: Machinima :: Machinima Theatre-
Jump to: