MachiniHub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MachiniHub

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Osborne Productions Machinima

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
osborne1992

osborne1992

EXP : 33

Osborne Productions Machinima Empty
PostSubject: Osborne Productions Machinima   Osborne Productions Machinima EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:56 am

Welcome to the OSPRO Machinima topic!

Here I will upload the new episodes of machinima pieces I have created in the games RuneScape and Halo (3/Reach haven't decided).
Most of the machinima pieces are of an Action and Drama genre.

RuneScape Machinima

My RuneScape Machinima pieces will be uploaded to OSPRORuneScape

I currently have 2 RS Machinima pieces. One I am still writing the script for, the other, a friend wrote the script of.

The first machinima piece, made by my friend Ethanlas, was titled Dragons of The Sword The Movie. A slightly twisted (as in not 100% true/loosely based on factual events) story of the RS Clan made by Ethanlas.

The story follows an elf by the name Ethanlas. She was banished from her home by Bjorn, a Lord of Iowerth* who called himself the King of the Elves shortly after the Iowerth* clan took control of the Capital City of Prifddinas*. Ethanlas then set out on a journey across Gielinor*. Reaching Ardougne* she was joined by various people. An adventerous magician by the name of Sky, a wandering monk with an ironic moniker; Soul, and two foot soldiers from the Ardougne* military, Draga and Kiddo, who swore to protect their city with their axe and blade. This band of heroes set out together to relinquish Bjorn's hold on the Kandarin* region and put an end to the rapid advancement of his troops before the rest of Gielenor* would be forced to fight a bloody war to defend their own territories.

Ethanlas made this machinima a long time ago with the aid of clan mates such as myself, but with the updates RS has seen, like HD, we agreed to redo the old machinima piece in full HD with my editing and real voice actors taking part and title it, Dragons of The Sword The Movie: Re-Vamped. DTS The Movie had at least one season to it. The full script for season one has been written and is ready to be recorded. There was going to be a second season back when Ethanlas was making the machinima herself but it was halted. I hope that once some things have been sorted out over the coming year, season 2 will be written up, and perhaps more seasons afterwards. Season 1 was to have 13 parts to it in accordance with Machinima.com's wishes for machinima pieces. I'm unsure if this is still valid.

We did get Season 1 Part 1 mostly done but my computer crashed and I was prevented from working on it.
Not long after I sent my computer away to be repaired, I looked back on what I had uploaded, a small, small portion of Part One of the Movie. I decided I had done it poorly and would redo it.

This is what I had uploaded:

The way I had recorded angles was poorly done, changing far too often and the text I had inserted I had changed the sizes of fairly often to fit it all in one screen.
In future, I will do less changing angles and keep the text to one size only.
Also Title sequence isn't actually completed in this, Re-Vamped was suppose to reveal itself from a set of lines like |||||||| turning to reveal the letters.

----------------------------------------

The second machinima piece, made by myself this time. I have called, Hunters Bounty. I watched a video entry to a contest made by JaGeX. The video I watched was god awful but inspired me to make a machinima piece based around assassins. This machinima piece is somewhat like Assassin's Creed in the sense of, Assassins given targets to vanquish. The Assassins in this machinima are given names of birds. The character Owl is the being behind the selection of targets. I can tell you now, there's no corruption in this like there is in AC1.

The story begins with Gielinor* swallowed by darkness. A world filled with evil and sins brought around by the existence of mankind. Men who learned to disobey the will of the Gods, Guthix*, Saradomin* and Zamorak*, came to rule the world. Peace bringers came and went, disposed of by Gielinor*'s new Dark Rulers. But while many lost hope of a brighter future, there shone a light in the darkness. It began with a small fraternity that would grow; a fraternity who's future rested upon a young assassin by the name Kestrel. Kestrel was given orders from the overseer named Owl. He was tasked with the removal of the men and women who's evil deeds resulted in the Darkness in Gielinor* because of their evil deeds, their deceit and their acts of atrocity. The orders from Owl would take Kestrel all over the world, he would have to use much skill in his assassinations, keeping them swift and silent if possible to avoid others working out what was going on, who was next and then acting upon it, increasing their protection and so forth. After a few years of hard work, Kestrel was told he had finally reached the top and had a final assassination task to full-fill. The assassination of the "King Pin". The man who had, for 3 decades, avoided all capture and assassination. Kestrel's skills would be pushed to their limits in completing his given tasks. But in the world of Assassins, there is a saying; "While you hunt for the good of Gielinor, You will also be hunted."

I am still in the process of writing the script for Hunters Bounty but I can tell you now, there will be at least 2 seasons to come. Not sure how many episodes per season although I can say probably between 10 and 20 but I'll try to keep it similar between them though.
This machinima piece is going to require quite a lot of work on my behalf, considering the amount of editing it will take to make a simple movement in RuneScape look good to assassinate a target is quite a large piece of work. Say the character was to aim down the sight of a bow, then the camera follows the arrow to the target, getting the camera positioned correctly will take a lot of patience.
But I look forward to working on this machinima piece.

*Just a note of pronunciations mainly for me but you may be interested too XD,
Al Kharid = Al-car-rid
Arandar = Ah-ran-dar
Ardougne = Arr-doyn
Asgarnia = Az-garn-ee-ah
Burgh de Rott = Bur-der-rot
Falador = Fall-ah-door
Gielinor = Gee-lin-or
Guthix = Guh-Thix
Isafdar = Iss-av-daarr (in which the 'I' is pronounced like the 'i' in 'thin', and the 'r' is rolled quaintly)
Iowerth = Eye-oh-worth
Jatizso = Yah-tizz-so
Kandarin = Can-dar-in
Karamja = Kah-ram-jah
Lletya = *Ch*let-uh-ah (the '*ch*' indicates a slight rolling of the sound at the base of the tongue, as if you were to attempt to clear your throat quietly and politely)
Meiyerditch = My-err-ditch
Morytania = Morry-tay-nee-ah
Neitiznot = Nay-tizz-not
Phasmatys = Faz-mat-iss
Prifddinas = Prive-the-nas
Sanguinesti = Sang-gwin-nest-ee
Saradomin = Sarah-dome-in
Tirannwn = Tier-an-win
Yanille = Yah-neel
Zamorak = Zam-oh-rack

So those are the current machinima pieces I have lined up in RuneScape. I look forward to bringing them out to the public and I hope you may look forward to seeing them. Sure it's RuneScape. Not the most popular game when it comes to Machinima, but I feel RuneScape and RuneScape Machinima are infact, two different things. One is just the game, how you see it is how you see it. The Machinima however, is a display of imagination and talent, turning a "bad looking game" into a great looking machinima piece. It requires much skill.

I am going to be working on the machinima pieces like so:
As soon as the script is finished for Hunters Bounty Season 1, I will begin filming DTS The Movie. Once the movie is all filmed I will begin editing it all. Hopefully all the parts to Season 1 will be done on schedule. While uploading DTS The Movie to YouTube I will then begin filming Hunters Bounty. Again, once filmed, I will then edit it all. Hopefully I will keep to schedule with this too. Once uploading of HB begins, I will then begin work on the second season of DTS The Movie, IF there is to be one at all, which I hope there will be. But this rotation of filming, editing and uploading will repeat itself until it's all done. It's likely one of the machinima pieces finish before the other, which will then allow me to begin work on the next Machinima piece, whatever that may be.

Dragons of The Sword, The Move: Re-Vamped will premier on YouTube on December 2Nd 2011. The 7th birthday of the clan.
Hunters Bounty has yet to have a specific premier date announced but it will be in 2012.

I will be trying to keep to a certain schedule with these machinima pieces. If There will be more DTS The Movie seasons, They will each premier on December 2Nd each year. And once a date has been decided upon for Hunters Bounty, that date will be used each year to premier each new season of HB.

Halo 3/Reach Machinima

My Halo Machinima pieces will be uploaded to OSPROHalo

I currently only have one Halo Machinima piece in the making. I tried for so long to get a good capture card. Being in the UK means a good quality capture card is hard to come by. I tried the EasyCAP capture card, great quality, but in black and white, with no remedy... I then went to the more popular capture card, recommended by a lot of the UK Machinima Directors, Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder. This again was in black and white so you had to download AMCap to get colour. The thing about the Dazzle, it's quality wasn't too bad but not ideal and the screen size would have suited the old youtube video screens perfectly, but not the new ones. I wasn't about to make a machinima piece like my Achievement Guides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu9Sfw6cpyY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC4tXqrN8d8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpDXxK8i7A0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gUydDTxZ8w

So now I need to try and get plenty of money together so that I have a fair amount of money left over after I buy a Hauppauge HD PVR which records the best quality picture when used in the UK out of all the devices out there. (I am actually considering taking some money to try and develop a good quality capture card specificly for the UK residents unless I find one before I get the Hauppauge).
So because of this, any Halo series I may make, will not be filmed until a good quality capture card is found. If anyone knows of a capture card that offers colour, HD and Wide Screen recording in the UK then please let me know ASAP.

So my only Halo machinima piece I had written in the days of Halo 3. Before Reach came around, I haven't decided whether or not I will do it in 3/ODST or Reach although if it is in Reach, a lot of the things will be made so much easier, set building and such. So it's likely I do use reach, but then I'm going to have issues when it comes to having characters with different armours on. I can't make 4 Gold accounts, unlock all the armour on them and then make a machinima piece, and I can't have friends online helping out often because I need to be able to lower the guns and so on.

The machinima piece I created is titled, The Lost Battalion. Sure it's not the most adventurous of names, but I couldn't think of anything different that suited it. And as a typical machinima piece, it's about the war between the Humans and Covenant.

The machinima begins with Ian Green, a man who's dreams were squashed at an early age to his unsupportive bastard father. After years of living with his father who spent most of Ian's life shooting down his life long dreams that had taken up much of Ian's chances at a different future, he was left with one choice. Ian went and joined the Army in the fight against the Covenant.
As any typical soldier would, Ian spent day after day training for combat, which was to come sooner than expected, along with many other surprises. After being shipped out earlier than they should have, Ian and his fellow new recruits faced off against the Covenant. The men experienced a whole new world of fear, pain and anguish.
Ian and a group of his fellow soldiers lost track of their battalion in the fierce battles. Arguing together in the middle of the empty battlefield about what they ought to do, whether to continue on a new mission to get behind the Covenant forces and take out their leaders, or whether to try and return to what's left of their battalion.
Their journies pushed the men to their breaking points, through terrains covered in snow, sand and forest sometimes finding themselves in the midst of Covenant controlled sites. The men did all they could to survive on this planet, all they could, to return home.

I am still writing the script for this machinima piece, I can't really say how many parts there will be in it. I have the scripts so far split into Acts and Scenes, I'll probably do 2 or 3 scenes to a video, and each Act is basically a Season.
For the moment it looks unlikely this machinima piece will be coming to YouTube for a while. Once I have a good quality capture card I need to sort out the character's armour and things, unlocking it all and so on. But I think that it may take a good time to film and edit anyway, due to my other Machinima pieces. I may just do any other machinima pieces I may have until one of them has finished for good and then begin filming and editing then eventually uploading the Halo Machinima. So in the time it takes to get to that point, if I have my capture card, I will pretty much be practising with the filming and unlocking armour for the characters.

*Just some pronunciations of the words used above.
Covenant = Cov-eh-nant

So that's it for the OSPRO Machinima pieces in the works. I will be posting videos in a new post and adding to this post at the bottom in the relevant section so that new comers don't have to search through pages to find each new episode and so that people keeping up will be aware that there is a new episode, unless they are subscribed then they should already know...

If you have any advice you'd like to share with me, feel free. And as I requested above, if you know of a capture card that records in colour, HD and Wide Screen in the UK, please let me know right away.

Thanks for reading, See you around.

~S. Osborne~

Coming December 2Nd 2011.

Osborne Productions Machinima AcademyEngravedLETRe-Vamped

Hunters Bounty!

Coming 2012.

The Lost Battalion!

Coming eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://osborneproductions.weebly.com
meetsalman

EXP : 2

Osborne Productions Machinima Empty
PostSubject: Re: Osborne Productions Machinima   Osborne Productions Machinima EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:07 am

I like the videos that you have posted in this post.
your post is very goo.
thanks for this post.
Back to top Go down

Osborne Productions Machinima
Page 1 of 1